Friday, July 25, 2008

New School Year Right Around the Corner

I am creating this blog to provide KET users from the South Central region good, practical suggestions and information. If you feel I am meeting my goal please let me know and if not please help me by making suggestions. I presented two workshops on KET EncycloMedia yesterday in Hardin County and listening to the teachers talk brought back memories of how much work educators have to do to get ready for a new school year. Whenever I do a workshop my primary goal is to provide teachers, LMS's and all who attend good resources they can take back to their schools and libraries and put them to use almost immediately. I appreciate the comments made at yesterday's workshops and the excitement on the teachers' faces as they saw the many features and uses of KET EncycloMedia. KET is a valuable, free resource to Kentucky schools, and as consultants we strive to make educators aware of all it has to offer. If you have not checked out our website please do so at ket.org/education. Believe me KET is much more than just instructional videos. I invite comments and suggestions on how I can make this a valuable blog. I know time is a precious commodity for educators so I want the blog to be worth your time. Please check out the links on the blog. I think you will find some very useful information on each link. Have a great start to the new school year and remember, "Students becoming successful, well rounded adults is the bottom line in education."

2 comments:

Cynthia Warner said...

Yes, I do agree. As educators, students should always remain the focus of our goals, efforts, and purpose. Without them, we cease to be educators.

sir bevel said...

Hello MS Davis ,
I am an old Newfoundland writer/ musican ( 73 years)and have recently taken to getting in touch with some of those who have had or might have had an interest in things Labrador. Your 'Labrador' titled book ( '88) caught my eye recently and I wonder what interest, if any,you might still have with this somewhat little known part of NFLD. Most recently, this has resulted in reestablishing a contact with an old class mate of mine from Memorial Univ of NFLd days 1953-57, now the Senator Willam Rompkey, when we both played in a group I started at MUN called the Memorial Melody makers.

It turns out Bill spent 30 or so years representing Labrador in the Parliament of Canada before being appointed a Senator there.

I spent several years working as a Marine Mammalogist in the Canadian Arctic years ago and recently wrote a book " Molasses Bread And Tea" about it. IN my dottage I have becomne a folk singer, most recently performing at the Gate 403 in Toronto.

You might probably some had some contact here with the Ontario Institute of Studies In EDucation, where my ex wife did graduate work 35 years ago. I have my Arctic book up on www.johnpchristopher.com if you have an interest in that sort of thing.
bye for now,

Joihn C